The day we find the perfect concealer is like no other! The search for the right coverage, consistency, and lasting power can seem like a life long challenge. The trial and error process of buying concealers that just let you down can not only hurt your feelings, but the cost can really put a hurting on the bank account. Some people will even go to Sephora and fork out hundreds of dollars just to be let down when the concealer didn’t work half as well as a drugstore brand they had tried in the past. I know, I have been there. I have tried every concealer from drugstore brands like Maybelline, Covergirl, Rimmel to the high end concealers such Amazing Concealer, Benefit, and Laura Mercier. The point is that I have tried them all and have come to the conclusion that it’s not just about the concealer, but also how you apply, moisturize, and prime your under eye area or face to get the best results.
My Top 5 Best, Cheap Concealers
It is absolutely possible to achieve a flawless face using drugstore concealers. In order to get lasting power or prevent the concealer from settling in fine lines it is a must that you use a face primer. A primer will fill in all those small lines that your concealer tends to settle into, and it will also make your concealer stay in place and not slip or wear off throughout the day. Another solution would also be a setting spray, like MAC Fix or NYX Cosmetics setting sprays. These sprays can be applied after or before applying your concealer to keep your concealer in place and lasting up to 16 hours.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment – This concealer is a top notch choice for a drugstore concealer. It is a very concentrated formula that is great for the girls that have serious dark under eye circles and puffiness. The lasting power is great, and it comes in six shades, two if which are a brightener and a neutralizer. The brightener works best as a highlighter, and the neutralizer works to conceal the puffiness and dark circles. The only downside to this concealer is the packaging, which comes in a twist sponge pump applicator. I recommend pumping and then dabbing the product onto a concealer brush, or using your clean fingers to pat along your under eye area. This will give you a more even finish, and will also prevent the product from settling into your fine lines.
- AeroMinerale Hydrating Mineral Concealer Makeup Mist – This concealer is great for dry skin girls, or those who have dry under eyes. This product comes in a spray formula that is buildable and gives you a flawless airbrush finish. Works great for concealing dark circles, sunspots, hyperpigmentation, blemishes, or any other skin imperfections. The formula is hypoallergenic and infused with vitamins and minerals. Works best if sprayed onto the back of a clean hand and then applied with a brush, sponge, or patted on with fingers. This concealer comes in three shades ranging from light to tan and cost 9.99! Top reviewed concealer on makeupalley.com and Ulta.
- Rimmel London Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting Concealer – If you are looking for a concealer deal, then this product is definitely made for you. This is a great concealer if you want to cover blemishes or redness. It has a light buildable coverage that has amazing lasting power, considering you can pick this concealer up at any drugstore for about 5.00. This concealer has gotten rave reviews by beauty gurus on YouTube, as well as on Makeupalley and Ulta. This product comes in five shades ranging from light to medium. Again, the only downside to this product is the application, which is a twist click brush. Great product, but works best when clicked up to desired amount and then dabbed on a clean hand to be applied with a brush, sponge, or patted on with clean fingers.
- Physicians Formula Conceal RX Physicians Strength Concealer – This concealer is great for all skin types. It is a richly concentrated formula designed to cover blemishes, acne scarring, dark circles, rosacea, bruises, birthmarks, hyperpigmentation, and basically any other skin imperfection you can think of. This concealer goes on smooth and has a lasting power of up to 12 hours. It is a non-oily, non-drying concealer that gives you a full coverage finish. It has a sanitary application that allows you to dispense desired amount out from the tube. Works best when applied with a brush, sponge, or patted on to your skin. This formula has also been declared a dupe for Makeup Forever concealer by beauty junkies everywhere. It provides the same coverage, color, and consistency as the high end concealer brand without the hefty price tag. This concealer comes in only two shades, fair light and natural light, and cost around 8.00 to 9.50 depending on were you purchase the product.
- Loreal True Match Super Blendable Concealer – This concealer is not only great at providing a lasting coverage for blemishes, dark circles, acne, hyperpigmentation and redness, but this product also provide skin care benefits. This concealer is formulated with an Opti-Blend Complex along with Vitamin E and Pro-Vitamin B5 that work together to even out skin tone, hydrate, nourish, strengthen and revitalize your skin cells. This concealer comes in 9 shades ranging from Fair Light to Medium Deep and will cost you around 8.00 to 9.00 depending on where you purchase this product. Comes with a brush applicator that works best when applied to the hand and then brushed, sponged, or patted onto your skin.