Every girl wants to look in the mirror and see a flawless face that looks like the women we see on the cover of magazines. The reality is that those women on the covers of beauty magazines and on makeup commercials are flawless because they have been airbrushed to perfection. We all get a blemish here and there, and makeup helps us feel more self-confident, ready to face the day, blemish or not. Makeup can be our best friend, or our worst enemy, especially if you suffer from blackheads or acne. When we have a blemish we want coverage and something that will make that pimple appear non-existent. The problem is that when we put makeup on top of a pimple we can be causing more harm than good. You are essentially feeding that pimple with more bacteria, as well as clogging more pores and creating new acne. So, what choice do we have? We have to cover the acne! Well, now you can do both. You can cover the acne, and fight it at the same time by using a non-comedogenic makeup. This type of makeup will not clog your pores, and there are even some brands that contain acne-fighting ingredients.
Here is my list of the best non-comedogenic makeup products on the market for acne-prone skin types.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation. This foundation is top-rated on Sephora for a non-comedogenic makeup suitable for acne prone skin. It is a shine-controlling formula, oil-free, water resistant, full coverage foundation. This product is guaranteed to hide imperfections, even out skin tone, and it mattifies to a non-greasy flawless powdered finish. It is a long-wearing foundation that lasts up to eight hours. The color range is phenomenal, with 16 to choose from, ranging from Alabaster(porcelain) to Chocolate(for the deepest of skin tones). A little of this product goes a long way, so it is well worth the price of 36.00 for 1.01 ounces.
- Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. This foundation is a dermatologist-tested, non-comedogenic, oil and fragrance free formula that is perfect for acne-prone skin types. This product has a rich consistency that gives a flawless full coverage finish. It is easy to apply and very blendable. This foundation also contains ingredients such as silk proteins, teas extracts(to soothe and treat existing acne), and treated mica that when combined together provide you with a hydrating makeup product that will give your skin a smooth and professional finish. It also is formulated with light reflecting ingredients that will diminish the look of any fine lines and wrinkles. The Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation is also a long wear makeup that provides up to 12 hours and comes in ten shades ranging from soft ivory to hazelnut beige. You can also expect to pay around 43.00 for 1.18 ounces.
- Revlon ColorStay Makeup Foundation. For the girl on the budget, this non-comedogenic foundation may be right up your alley with prices around 9.99 for 1.0 ounce. This foundation is great! It comes in a variety of shades, 20 to be exact, and it comes in two formulations. One is for dry/normal skin, and the other is oily/combo skin types. This foundation has gotten rave reviews for lasting power, coverage, price, and it won’t break you out! You can buy this foundation at any drugstore, supermarket, and you can often find it at Ulta for buy one get one 1/2 off. This product features SoftFlex technology which has been shown not to crease or rub off with normal wear. The formula also contains an SPF 15 and oil free.
- Lancome Teint Visionnaire Skin Correction Makeup Duo Foundation. If you are looking for a Holy Grail non-comedogenic product and don’t mind paying the price, then this is the foundation for you. The foundation is designed to correct your skin and provide you with immediate results while improving your skin when worn on a daily basis. This foundation also includes a Precision Spot Corrector that is infused with Vitamin C which aides you skin by correcting dark spots, shrinking pores, erasing dark circles, and clearing up existing acne. The foundation also includes skin care benefits like LR 2412, a molecule shown to improve skin elasticity and stengthen skin structure. With this product costing a whopping 60.00 for 1.0 oz, sold in 20 shades, this product has been clinically tested and proven to benefit acne prone skin.
- Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation. Rounding out the top 5, last but not least, I can not say enough good things about this foundation. This foundation is comparable to Dior’s Airflash, without the hefty price tag. Works best when applied with a beauty blender or sponge. This product is non-comedogenic, dermatologist tested, and formulated without parabens, sulfates, and phthalates which often cause irritation to sensitive acne-prone skin. It comes in five shades, from fair to deep skin tones. This foundation will blur those blemishes and control shine for up to 10 hours while still providing you a flawless, blemish-free face. This product contains InstaBlend technology that guarantees you color will apply smoothly so you can build your coverage to your liking. With ingredients like mineral-rich red algae your skin will also be protected against environmental stresses. It’s a steal at 26.00 for 2.5 ounces!